Welcome to NABE!
The National Association for Bilingual Education is the only professional organization at the national level wholly devoted to representing both English language learners and bilingual educational professionals. Along with our affiliate organizations in 20 states, we represent a combined membership of bilingual and English-as-a-second-language teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, university professors and students, researchers, advocates, policymakers, and parents.
NABE Supports the Education of English Language Learners through:
- Professional development language learners
- Partnerships with other civil rights and education organizations to fight for the interests of language minority students
- Lobbying at federal and state levels to ensure adequate funding of all programs that serve English language learners
- Grassroots advocacy to mobilize parents and communities on behalf of educational excellence and equity
- Campaigns to educate the public about the effectiveness of bilingual education
Our annual conference is the only one in the United States dedicated to exploring topics of interest to teachers, administrators, and parents of English language learners, including second language acquisition, bilingual education, assessment and accountability, teacher training, and special education, and grassroots activism.